How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 551
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

My husband is currently in Libya and we were planning to

Customer Question

Hi my husband is currently in Libya and we were planning to apply for spouse visa as soon as he finishes his studies this November. However due to travel restriction as a result of COVID-19 he cannot travel to Tunisia to do the english test and his biometrics. Would it be okay if he applies via Egypt instead of Tunisia?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: we haven't done anything yet. I currently live in the UK and I'm a british citizen. I'm currently doing a PhD and receiving tax-free bursary but unfortunately my funding will run out by the end January 2022. I've been told that I can only apply for the spouse visa before the end of January 2021
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: I spoke to one very briefly about the requirements for a spouse visa but that was before COVID-19 and that's when I was told that I need to make the application at least one year before my bursary runs out.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon, usually you would have to do English test and biometrics in country of origin. However, because due to covid if he cannot get an appointment located in country of origin. Contact the coronavirus immigration team to inform them before doing so.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

0800(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

Glad to be of assistance today. Kind regards