LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I've applied for a visa (FLRP) and my appointment was

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm Elvis and I've applied for a visa (FLRP) and my appointment was cancelled 4 days before the lockdown in March Middle of April I received an email to submit my supporting document to an email from home office and I did but as at now I've not even received an invitation letter/mail to go for biometric appointment
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I'm in UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Yes please but he kept telling me to wait but its over 7 months now and not even a biometric appointment
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if I have to book an appointment again for biometric and fingerprint or I still have to wait for an invitation letter
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I called the Home office about a month ago and they replied me that my application is not complete and that the case worker has not made a decision yet.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do I have to book an appointment again for biometric fingerprint or I should still wait for an invitation letter or mail since they called me in March to cancel the one I made
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Can my application be denied because of the delay in my fingerprint/biometric or not
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My application was FLR (FP)
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

Good evening, as you have now received an invitation to book biometrics you should book an appointment your application will not be refused this is because the home office are aware of the delays of biometric appointments.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry but I haven't received an invitation to book for biometric. The one I had was cancelled in March and since then I've not received any invitation for biometric and it makes me worry because it's 7 months now since I posted my passport and sent pictures of my supporting documents
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

Then I advised contacting the home office I will send you a link how to contact them.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks but I want to know whether my application can be denied or affected negatively because of this delay in biometric
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

Due to covid it wouldn’t be refused if there was delay on biometrics by home office but the home office have resumed services therefore you should have received an appointment by now. Please contact home office ASAP.