How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1426
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I am looking for an immigration lawyer to help me explore

Customer Question

I am looking for an immigration lawyer to help me explore options in staying in the UK or Ireland beyond my 6 month tourist visa as a US national.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have not filed any paperwork, as I am not sure if it was possible to extend. I am an American national, with only American citizenship. I was hoping to see if it was possible to fly from Northern Ireland to a EU country to get stamped into the EU, and then fly into the Republic of Ireland. My main goal is to not overstay my 6 month tourist visa in the UK, and to be able to stay in Northern ireland for 90 or more additional days
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tourist visa?
Customer: I have not
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes please. I would just like to add my travel history for the lawyer's convenience.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Vineet S replied 6 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 6 days ago.

I will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Many Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 6 days ago.

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience.

As an American national you can stay in the UK for up to 6 months without a visa. If you are looking to stay more than 6 months then you would have to apply for a visa in the relevant visa category.

Americans get 6 months to travel in the UK if their purpose of visit is tourism, If they try to enter again after the expiry of 6 months, at the port of entry , they can be stopped and denied entry , if they have do not have genuine reasons for entering again.

Thank you and all the best.