How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1496
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I want to bring my Thai girlfriend here to marry and live

This answer was rated:

I want to bring my Thai girlfriend here to marry and live with me.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No paperwork yet, I am UK citizen.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Approximation of cost please.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Hi there,

You can sponsor the Fiancé visa of your Gf.

To qualify for a fiance visa you must satisfy the following criteria:

  • You and your future spouse must be at least 18 years of age

  • You and your future spouse must have met each other

  • You and your future spouse must intend to live together on a permanent basis once married

  • You must show that any previous relationship that you or your partner were involved in has ended (whether it was as a married or an unmarried couple)

  • You and your future spouse must have enough funds to support yourselves (and any dependants) without claiming public funds

  • You must be earning a minimum of £18,600 per annum or have savings to be able to sponsor you. The level of this financial requirement will increase if you are also sponsoring children as dependants

  • You must have suitable accommodation available for you, your future spouse

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
You will be my first attempt to get my partner here.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How can I qualify, I am on small pension.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What are the basic requirements?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I own my own small bungalow, no mortgage or rent to pay.

Could you confirm if you have any savings?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My saving are small, approximately £13.000

The following sources of income can be taken into consideration when deciding whether there is adequate maintenance available:

  1. Income from salaried or non-salaried employment;
  2. Non-employment income, for example – income from property rental or dividend income;
  3. Cash savings held for at least 6 months prior to the date of application;
  4. State or private pension;
  5. Income from self-employment;
  6. Income as a director of a specified limited company in the UK;
  7. Income from Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Child Benefit or other income-related benefits.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have no income, only state and private pensions that amount to approximately £1.000 per month, doesn't the fact that I own my house help to qualify?

Yes, having own house meets the adequate accommodation requirement.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for answers so far, I will talk to you if you think I will be successful from what you know already.

You can rely on the following for meeting the financial requirement:

  • Savings;
  • Pension income; and
  • Property rental income.

You can rely on a combination of all three.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That does not answer my question, I have told you about my income and owning my house which is occupied by me alone. If you are unable to say that I qualify from what I've told you then please say so.

Having own house will meet the adequate accommodation requirement but still the financial requirement needs to be met .

Unfortunately from the given input the financial requirement is not being met .

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.

Vineet S and 2 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you so much for trying to help, guess I will go away and cry.