Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

I am an international student in the UK. I am interrupting

Hi I am an international student in the UK. I am interrupting my studies for the year however I cannot go back to my country due to risk of serious abuse. I have been told by the university that if I interrupt my studies my visa will be cancelled temporarily and I will have 60 days to leave the UK. Is there any way I can stay in the UK whilst interruption? thanks
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: So far I have not taken any steps. I am from Kuwait and I Have a Kuwaiti citizenship
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No I have been advised by the university to get legal advice
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Good evening, my name is*****’m an immigration lawyer in the UK and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you!

It is correct that if you will stop your studies the Home Office will curtail your visa and you will have 60 days either to leave the country or to apply for any other type of leave in the UK.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Is there any way where I can stay in the UK during that time?

If you are scared of abuse in your country etc. You may claim asylum in the UK but these cases are very difficult to be successful. Information to claim asylum is on the following link:https://www.gov.uk/claim-asylum

It was nice to speak to you just now. Thank you