LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I came to the UK on a 6 months tourist visa. It expired the

I came to the UK on a 6 months tourist visa. It expired the 28 of September but I made sure to apply for an extension before this date. I know the extension is highly unlikely but I requested it because I applied for a Belgian study visa from the uk and I’m waiting to receive my passport and a response. I should have travelled to my home country ( Canada ) but I thought it would be crazy expensive to travel just to submit some papers. And I was very wrong. The UK extension application cost me 2000 pounds. I’m considering withdrawing my application of the Belgian visa and of the Uk extension and just travel to Belgium using the 3 months visa free time and applying from there again ( I have to be there by November 2nd otherwise I will have to defer my studies ). So how do I ask for the money back from the uk extension ? And once I receive the money I leave the country ? Or should I leave the country first and then ask for a refund ? It would be much better for me to receive the money back first and then leave. And once I leave how long do I have to apply for another tourist Uk visa ? My boyfriend is British that’s why I’m here

Good morning, if your withdrawing a leave to remain application you should contact the home office beforehand because if a decision is reached they will not give you back the application fees. I will send you details to contact home office.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Okay can I leave the country after receiving the refund and not after ? And how soon can I apply for a Uk tourist visa again ?

When you withdraw application they would refund to the account you made application. You would have to leave before receiving refund as it can impact you applying for tourist visa again if you become an overstayer.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Okay perfect thank you so much �� have a great day ! I’ll give you 5 stars

Glad to be of assistance today. Have a great day!!