LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I applied for a student Belgian visa outside my home country

Hello,I applied for a student Belgian visa outside my home country because of covid 19 related issues. Also I used the annex 32 document instead of the blocked account. The Belgian embassy in London agreed to accept my application but they sent it to the immigration authorities in Belgium for them to take a look at it. I did this the 17 of August and I haven’t received any update or response. The university has given me the 2nd of November as a deadline to be there and Im trying to change this hit if it doesn’t happen I have been told by other students to withdraw my application from the uk embassy and travel to Belgium. Arrive there using the 90 days that I have ( where I don’t need a visa ) and apply directly there in Brussels. I want to do this so I can be there for the November 2nd deadline that the university is requesting. Is this possible ? Can I do this ? And what do you think about my application ? If they wanted to refuse it wouldn’t they have done it already?

Good morning, I advise contacting the Belgium embassy for update on your application and yes if a decision is not made by the time period given by university you can withdraw your application and make in Belgium as long as you have valid visa for Belgium.

The time period taken does not affect the decision on the application.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Okay thank you so much once again !

Glad to being assistance today. Kind regards