LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I have been living aboard in Turkey for the last three

Customer Question

Good Day,I have been living aboard in Turkey for the last three years, been married and gave birth to one child. I need to inform the JobCentrePlus of my martial status, name change, child and the fact that I am living aboard. Is there a form I need to complete? What are the exact steps I need to follow to ensure that I would be able to claim benefits from aboard.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 23 days ago.

Good afternoon, if you are living in Turkey then you would not be able to claim child benefit for your child as department for pensions and work do not have an agreement with Turkey.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 23 days ago.

If the child was living in U.K. or EEA country then they would be eligible.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
If I live in the UK and I am unemployed how much would the child benefit be?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have been living aboard in Turkey for the last three years, been married and gave birth to one child. I need to inform the JobCentrePlus of my martial status, name change, child and the fact that I am living aboard. Is there a form I need to complete?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 23 days ago.

If you are moving back to the U.K. and unemployed you can make a claim online universal Credit and update them of your status as mentioned.