How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1693
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I have a Russian friend who married a UK man they are niw

Customer Question

I have a Russian friend who married a UK man they are niw divirced
JA: What steps has the friend taken? Have they filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does the friend live in? If different, what is their citizenship?
Customer: She has a green page in her passport that allows her to remain in UK forever but she’d like to apply for British passport and wants to know how to do that please
JA: Has the friend talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no she’s not very good on phone and has asked me to help her
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: she has NI number and has worked in UK for last 10 years Her daughter holds UK passport
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 25 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 25 days ago.

Hi there,

Your friend can apply for British citizenship ,if she has indefinite leave to remain /settled status in the UK.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 25 days ago.

She can apply online using the below weblink-

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Are you still there please? She lives and works in the UK
Expert:  Vineet S replied 25 days ago.

Yes, She can apply for British nationality, if she has Indefinite leave to remain.

She would need her Life in the UK test pass certificate and knowledge of English language proof as well