Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have a Russian friend who married a UK man they are niw

Customer Question

I have a Russian friend who married a UK man they are niw divirced
JA: What steps has the friend taken? Have they filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country does the friend live in? If different, what is their citizenship?
Customer: She has a green page in her passport that allows her to remain in UK forever but she’d like to apply for British passport and wants to know how to do that please
JA: Has the friend talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no she’s not very good on phone and has asked me to help her
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: she has NI number and has worked in UK for last 10 years Her daughter holds UK passport
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 25 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Great
Expert:  Vineet S replied 25 days ago.

Hi there,

Your friend can apply for British citizenship ,if she has indefinite leave to remain /settled status in the UK.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 25 days ago.

She can apply online using the below weblink-

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/nationality-an

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Are you still there please? She lives and works in the UK
Expert:  Vineet S replied 25 days ago.

Yes, She can apply for British nationality, if she has Indefinite leave to remain.

She would need her Life in the UK test pass certificate and knowledge of English language proof as well