LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I would like to know what the process is to bring my 12 year

Customer Question

Hi good day, I would like to know what the process is to bring my 12 year old daughter to the UK to live with me. I have a British passport, she has a South African passport
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Can I get my daughter a British passport if I hold one. But I wasent born in the UK. My father was
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I haven't
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I work in the UK for 2 months at a time. Then go back to SA. And she lives with me for 2 months. Her father and step mother are also immigrating. My daughter wants to be with me. And I'm a single mum. So what do I need to do to start this process.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

Good afternoon, you can bring your daughter to the U.K. as dependent child visa. You would need to show that you have sole responsibility for her by getting a court order and also provide evidence you are involved in upbringing when submitting the application.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
When I left to the UK I signed a parenting plan, saying that her father takes responsibility for her whilst I'm in the UK. Can that effect anything? Also I know he will have to sign to get her to come as a dependent with me.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

You can get the previous plan updated if the circumstances have now changed and wishing for her to live with you in uk