LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I am planning to apply for iLR for myself in December. My

Customer Question

I am planning to apply for iLR for myself in December. My wife will be due to apply only later next year. Between the 2 of us, we drive one car. Over the last 5 years, both of us have around 6 Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) issued by the Council. My questions are (a) Should they be declared (b) if yes, how do I apply the split. Should I only declare the ones where I was a driver (c) Will it impact my ILR application under Good Character requirement due to the number?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

Good afternoon, you would not need to declare the PCN unless you have been issued with a CCj from the court.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

If you have been issued with ccj you would have to show that you are making payment towards the debt and it should not affect your ILR application. If you do have an outstanding debt make a plan as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What if my immigration advisers who are helping me apply insist? For example, concerned that they may say it amounts to concealing information? Its my company advisers and they can be a bit finicky. Should I then just mention the ones where I was a driver?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 19 days ago.

Any pcn issued in your name would need to declared if you have been filed with a ccj.