How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari SL Your Own Question
Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 813
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari SL is online now

I m the sin applicant, received mine and my son's British

Customer Question

Hi , I m the sin applicant, received mine and my son's British passport
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Applied for 3 of us, mine , my son's and my daughter who is 17 now but didn't receive her passport but called for interview. At this moment I highly feel , I shouldn't have applied for her and I want to cancel her application. Can I send her to Bangladesh and apply again after a year
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. She goes to private boarding school, but didn't wanna continue and roam around. So I thought maybe staying there few months may change her mind and she may get into education again.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi paid
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Can u pls answer now
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is*****’m an immigration lawyer in the UK and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you!

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 16 days ago.

Does your 17 years old child have Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK at present?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
But can I send her back home for few months, she doesn't want to leave UK
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 16 days ago.

Alright, if she will not attend her interview which was requested by the passport office, most likely they will refect her application.

She may cancel the passport application now, but this will remain in the Home Office notes, and you have to explain why she wishes to cancel the application.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Does she need to cancel or as a main applicant I can cancel?
If I cancel, she can still have ILR, right? And apply for passport next year?
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 16 days ago.

Yes, she will still have ILR maintained but to be honest, canceling the application at this stage without a good reason is not advisable.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
with ILR she can stay in In forever and I cannot ask the immigration poli e to send her back home?
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 16 days ago.

With ILR, there is no time limit until when she can remain in the UK. If she Leaves the UK and does not come back for 2 years her ILR will not be valid anymore.