How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 761
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

My friends in Romania, have their son student at the

Customer Question

Hi, my friends in Romania, have their son student at the Bornemouth University in the second year. The school has asked him to have a student visa. Is it possible as a student to be accepted with a permanent residence in UK?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: not yet, just received the letter from the school can you recommend a lawyer?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: what do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I am not sure what other information you need
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

Good morning, if your friends son is an Eea national then he will not require a student visa to study in the U.K. you can obtain permanent either through 10 years or 5 route depending on the visa route a student visa can count towards that.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
thank you
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

It was a pleasure assisting you today.