Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

What happens if i withdraw my visa application before a

What happens if i withdraw my visa application before a decision is made?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a Tier 2 applicant and I want to cancel my application and reapply later on.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this going to cost me!

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is*****’m an immigration lawyer in the UK and I’m happy to help with your question today.

You can ask to cancel (withdraw) an application for a visa, You’ll get a refund of the immigration health surcharge if you cancel before a decision has been made about your application.

Although please note that if you cancel your application:

• you cannot stop the cancellation process after and
  • you may lose your permission to stay here if you’re in the UK

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand, please let me know if you have additional questions.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thank you for the response. I also want to know if i will be able to submit another application? IF so what v will be the time frame?

When you officially withdraw the application you may submit a new application if you would like to, although be careful not to become an overstayer and make sure you have a valid visa when submitting a new application.