How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 738
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I come from Hong Kong, and i want to rent the house online

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i come from Hong Kong
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: and i want to rent the house online in Uk first, and i planned to come at about April2021 i hold BNO passport , can i rent house in UK?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: how to count the fee for a lawyer to answer my questions?

Good afternoon, there will be no restrictions to rent a house with BNO passport when you come to the U.K.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
But the bno is a 6 months time limited visa, is that still okay for renting with a 6 months contract?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
could i applied local school with my son? what identity need to show to school except tenancy and tax bill?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
as a BNO holder my son is still in Hong Kong and i design to apply primary school for him through internet
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
since the pandemic situation i still not enter UK but the school deadline is Jan 15, and the BNO visa open date is 31JAN..... so i am confuse that if i could apply school online first with a tenancy and pay the bill first

On the 6 month you would be able to rent and they would only only for 6 months. In regards ***** ***** sons school you would not be able to put him in school just for 6 months.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
but you know, i can apply the BNO visas (under the new policy), it is 5 years visa
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
but the starting is Jan31,2021
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
my son is 4 , and suitable age for applied reception but the deadline is 15 JAN
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
do you think it is possible to apply school under this circumstance?

Yes even after the deadline for reception they have something called clearing when you can apply for a school under these circumstances.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
in year application?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i afraid that the place is very few, so i want to join the normal application period (before Jan 15 deadline), do you think my status is possible to do so?

It will not be possible until the BNO new policy comes out.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
you mean the identity of my son only eligible to apply school after the new policy comes out?and not this moment?

It will not be possible for your son to apply for school until the policy comes out.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
but is it okay if my son come to UK and get a LOTR stamp permission?

Yes it will fine for him to get LOTR stamp.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
if he get LOTR stamp , he could apply school in UK.....

Yes this is only valid for 6 months he can school but most schools will not let a child just go for 6 months.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
LOTR is 6 months long but i could apply for new visas 5 years so you mean it is better to apply the BNO visa first and then come to UK to rent and apply for schools?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
because the identity is time limited before 31 Jan

I advise applying the BNO first then coming to the U.K. to rent and apply for schools.

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
as a local people what do you think about the normal application of schooling ? or joining the schools after the normal application period? i afraid the place of school would be very limited after the normal application period