How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tamari SL Your Own Question
Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 822
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Tamari SL is online now

Universal credit. My partner left me and I live on my own

This answer was rated:

Universal credit. My partner left me and I live on my own and I do not get any financial support from my partner anymore. we are still married but will be getting divorced .What should I choose in universal credit application in this case on question:do you have a partner (1.yes,but we do not leave together 2.No,I’m single).

Good evening, Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is*****’m an immigration lawyer in the UK and I’m happy to help with your question today.

If your partner left you and you do not get any financial support you should select: No, I am single.

Thank you

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have indefinite leave to remain. Does it consider as being british by nationality or I’ll become british after receiving citizenship?

You will become British after applying for naturalization.

Tamari SL and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you