Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

Universal credit. My partner left me and I live on my own

Universal credit. My partner left me and I live on my own and I do not get any financial support from my partner anymore. we are still married but will be getting divorced .What should I choose in universal credit application in this case on question:do you have a partner (1.yes,but we do not leave together 2.No,I’m single).

Good evening, Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is*****’m an immigration lawyer in the UK and I’m happy to help with your question today.

If your partner left you and you do not get any financial support you should select: No, I am single.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I have indefinite leave to remain. Does it consider as being british by nationality or I’ll become british after receiving citizenship?

You will become British after applying for naturalization.