Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I spoke to immigration enquiries on the phone and they have

I spoke to immigration enquiries on the phone and they have asked me to put a cover note on the application explaining the passport loss. Can someone help me with the contents of this note (please see details provided earlier below):I am applying for long residency in December (came here on 8 Jan 2011), but have lost my passport which showed entry and exit dates. I have located all the entry and exit dates using travel history but not sure what I need as evidence in my application, kindly help.
JA: What steps have you taken?Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Halfway through online application (applying on 11 December which is 28 days before 7 Jan 2021). I am based in the UK on a startup visa until 2022 (Indian citizen).
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Just talked to one, looking for clear advice
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the Subject Access Request has been received to show travel history but it does not list all travel dates into and out of country. They have said it is up to the airline carrier to provide clear information.

Hi, Welcome to JA

I will read your question and respond

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
ok

Does your SAR request have copies of your previous passport (s)

At present you should go with the details on your SAR in terms of passport details and travel dates as this is what the Home Office also hold.

Thank yo for your question.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
can you respond please

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My question was about the note I need to draft to explain the loss of my passport - what should i write

You basically need to explain what happened with your loss passport