How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 778
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I am applying for my family visa extension (FLRM). I am a

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am applying for my family visa extension (FLRM).
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am a British Citizen and she holds Indian passport. Her visa is due for extension on 12.01.2021. We both live in Coventry, UK. My wife is currently 8months pregnant and she is due in mid Dec 2020. Steps I have taken are I am in process of filling the application form online for her and I am stuck on financial part.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: Not yet, I want to speak with lawyer to provide appropriate advise going forward.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My wife has been made redundant in Sep 2020. I started new contracting end of August 2020, opening my own limited company in which I am director as well as employee of the company. I am getting paid on month basis. Also, me and my wife do have cash saving that we can show in the application.

Good evening, you can show cash savings to meet the financial requirement if its £62,500 which must have been in your account for a period of 6 months.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
We do not have £62,500 in total. We have approx. £40,000

This would not be sufficient solely on cash savings.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can I put myself as Employed as an employee of my company + Show Cash Saving? As per Appendix FM - Specified Evidence part 9, point (b) I do not have last full year tax return as I have 2 months opened up limited company and before this I was working on Permanent employment until end of august2 2020.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am happy to provide my payslips from limited company and previous job. Will this work?

Yes you can apply on the basis of company and cash savings please note you would need to show last 12 months income as you have not filled tax returns therefore would need to provide 12 months bank statements, payslips,P60s also new company details

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you. Yes, I can provide 12Months Payslips from my limited company & previous job + 12 months bank statement + P60 and also new company details. Do I need attached any letters explaining my employment?

Yes contract from previous employer and letter from new company confirm salary and position and date you have been working since on letterhead.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
When you say letter from new company, do you mean limited company which I open? If yes, then I will have create a letter for myself stating salary and position and start date. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.

Yes your limited company the letter will be required from.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Perfect. Is there any minimum threshold requirement for current account because me and my wife will be showing CASH SAVING from savings account.

Your account should not be in minus but as mentioned above you will need to satisfy the requirements.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
ok that is fine. Is it OK if I can attached my wife previous employment payslips and contract to support application?

Your wife previous employment should also be provided to support the application.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok I can provide as separate document but with regards ***** ***** information in form there is no field in the application form for only adding previous employment information. When I select 'Employed' it always shows the current employment first.

You can provide as separate supporting document.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok perfect. One last thing, can I get your contact detail if I want to speak to you directly over the phone or I wish to use your service to support my wife's application submission.

I am always happy to help. You can request for lawyer Ak or just answer for a call or further assistance. It was a pleasure assisting you today.

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
ok great, thank you so much.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi, I would like to speak with you for some more information, could you please share the details

Good afternoon, I will send a request for us to have a chat over the phone.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How should I connect with you?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
When should I expect a call from you?

As per our conversation it was a pleasure assisting you today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you so much for the help.

Take care. Kind regards