How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 752
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

My proposed civil partner is english/egyptian and im

This answer was rated:

hello, my proposed civil partner is english/egyptian and im egyptian, we lived for 1 year together as he was a student in egypt now he has been working in the UK for a month and hes meeting the minimum requirment of annual income but for less than 6 months and i cant stay here in egypt its affecting my mental health and egypt is not safe for me as i look not acceptable to the people here. what should i do?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: i didnt take any steps yet, no and i like on egypt and im egyptian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no not yet because i cany afford it
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: egypt is not safe for me and living without my partner is affecting my mental health.

Good evening, if he has been working in employment less than 6 months then he would need to show income for last 12 months to meet the £18,600 per annum then you can apply as a dependent partner.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
he was a student in egypt he was not working in egypt he was being supported by his family, also egypt is a third world country the average salary here is 2000 egp which is about 100 £ a month.

They would basis the financial requirement on you the British citizen not him sorry computer typo.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
he is the british citizen, he's also half egyptian and he's been studying in egypt and went back to the uk a month ago to work, im only egyptian

Ok under these circumstances he would need to work for at least 6 months before you apply on the partner basis to meet the financial requirement.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
is there any other way to work it out? because his absence is affecting my mental health and egypt is not a safe place for me.

You can look at apply for human rights application for private and family life however if you do wait a couple of months it will be a stronger application with the partner visa.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
alright, thank you

It was a pleasure assisting you today.

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you