LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I would like to find out the following: What happens if I

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Hi, this is Ivan I would like to find out the following:
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: What happens if I have pre-settled status as an EU citizen: but right now I am not living in the UK then in June 2021, I decide to live in the UK - can I bring my wife and child with me? can my wife and child live in the UK on the basis of my presettled status
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my main question is: On the basis of my current pre-settled status as an EU citizen, can my wife and child live in the UK if we all move to the UK in June 2021?

Good morning, as you have pre settled status you are able to stay outside the U.K. for up to 2 years. If you plan to bring your family they would need to start living in the U.K. by 31 December 2020 and apply for pre settled by June 2021.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
understood - but my question is what happens if my family members do not start living in the UK by Dec 2020. What is the situation if, under my pre settled status, I only return to live in the UK in June 2021, and I want my wife and child to live with me in the UK starting June 2021. Can they get a family permit?

Currently with Brexit there has been no update so as the current rules stand they can apply for a family permit until there is a further update.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
would they be eligible for the family permit on the basis of my living in the UK on pre settled status, starting in June 2021?

As mentioned above as of now they would be but going forward no new legislation has been put forward for Brexit.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
in conclusion, what would your advice be - would you think it a possibility that my family could accompany me in June 2021 on the basis of current legislation?

I advise waiting for the updates on Brexit if they are planning to come in June however it would be advisable to come to the U.K. by December as we do not know what will happen with Eea nationals.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
thank you :)

It was a pleasure assisting you today.