LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I need to find out if the UK immigration dept accept a fear

i need to find out if the UK immigration dept accept a fear of a drug cartel as a reason for a person to be given a visa my son is married to a lady form the Dominican Republic who has American citizen ship she was groomed by her cousin who has had to flee the Us as a Mexican cartel are after him she is in fear of her life there is much more to their story but that is the issue most prevalent at this time they fear she woulsd not qualify under the spousal visa as she is unskilled
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: we are British living in the north west. not not as yet i have not filled any forms out I only heard of this this morning as my son is at present in an illegal immigrant in the US he went over to visit his then fiancée at christmas but became fearful about leaving her as she was suicidal he stayed they married he was going to apply for permission to stay there but their funds were used up because of the US lockdown he is at present stranded there and fears contacting the consulate may draw notice to his status to authorities there
JA: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?
Customer: no not me my daughter-in-law is suicidal due to fear of knowing too much about drug cartels operating in the New Jersey area
JA: Okay. Let's try this again. How can I help you? Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no im trying to find out if it would be possible for her to get a refugee visa because of her fear of knowing too much about criminal operations
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not at this moment i've written most of what i know i don't want to cause any more confusion

Good afternoon, if your daughter in law is in danger then she can make an asylum claim.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Does she need proof of the danger