LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

Spouse visa expired and she has left the country. I wish to

Spouse visa expired and she has left the country. I wish to bring her back to the uk. I am British. Please advise

Good evening, as a British citizen you can bring your spouse to the U.K. I will send the requirements.

In order to qualify for a UK Spouse visa you will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that you meet the following requirements:

• Your partner is British or holds Indefinite Leave to Remain;
  • You are both over the age of 18;
  • You have met in person and are legally married;
  • Your relationship is genuine and you intend to live together permanently;
  • Any previous relationships have broken down permanently;
  • You will be adequately maintained in the UK without recourse to public funds;
  • There is adequate accommodation for you and any dependents;
  • You speak and understand English to the required level - A1 IELTS Life Skills Listening and Speaking
  • TB Certificate
  • Accommodation survey report
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
but her visa expired on the 10th October and she left the country on the 4th November because I panicked due to lockdown
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
she is in Pakistan with an expired visa

You would have to apply for a new visa to bring her back.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok will there be any issues ? I mean would the home office not wonder why her visa did not get renewed and then reject the new one ?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Bear in mind I haven’t told the home office anything at the moment that she has left the country

If you voluntarily leave the U.K. you should inform them so it would be advisable to inform them then reapply.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thank you , so she left voluntarily due to her father being ill and due to the looming lockdown that was pending to happen on the 5th November, so hopefully this would be a good enough reason to inform the home office ?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Would they ask evidence for her father being ill ?

Yes on medical grounds of her father being ill will be sufficient she should provide evidence of father been ill such as medical documents.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Would it be ok to say that she left voluntarily just before the lockdown due to she wasn’t sure how long the lockdown would last and she wanted to see her family. Would this be a good enough reason also ?

On medical grounds would be a better reason.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thank you for your help very much appreciated

It was a pleasure assisting you today.