ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

Is it a requirement for a UK Marriage Visitor Visa that the

Is it a requirement for a UK Marriage Visitor Visa that the couple have physically met in person before?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visitor visa?
Customer: We have an appointment in 2 weeks
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The applicant is from the Philippines

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I am here but kindly give me a minute to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Thank you for your enquiry and patience.

No, there is no requirement for for you to have met. What is required is for you to be able to demonstrate the marriage will not be a sham. So, you would need to show logs of video calls that you have had with each other. If for exampLe you have not been able to visit each other then you may give a short explanation for this. For example, if this was due to the pandemic.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thats great to know, thank you so much. We have evidence of communications including call logs, screenshots from video calls, and a compilation of messages that evidence we have spoken every day.My fiancée also has a son in the Philippines, she has a lease agreement for her own apartment and she will be taking the Bar Exam at the end of 2021, with evidence for all of this. We are hoping that this will prove strong ties to her home country? She can also evidence that she is more than capable of funding herself for the visit.Another reason we haven't been able to meet is due to my disability i have been getting treatment here for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.With the above information, do you believe we have a good chance of acceptance for the Marriage Visitor Visa?

Yes, you both have a good chance.

However the focus should be what she intends to do when she arrives in the UK. This means therefore that she should focus on plans made for the wedding, what she intends to do in the UK and how she will be able to,settle into the UK. In addition to this, she must show the genuineness of the relationship which the call logs will prove.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again. Have a great day.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
we will provide evidence of booking confirmation for the wedding, receipts for the wedding rings and I will also provide the tenancy agreement for my house to show where she will be staying with me.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Here are the supporting documents that we are about to submit to VFS:- Applicant’s Birth Certificate
- Applicant’s current Philippine Passport
- Applicant’s School Records: Transcript of Records, Academic Completion and Good Moral Character from applicant’s school
- Email confirmation from Jurists Bar Review Center with Receipts and Certificate of Enrollment
- Birth certificate of applicant’s son
- Applicant’s Lease Agreement in the Philippines
- Applicant’s bank statements and bank certificates (1 checking and 3 savings accounts)
- Copies of the the Original Transfer Certificate of Title, Deed of Absolute Sale, and Receipt of Payment from where bank deposits were sourced
- Compilation of daily correspondence between applicant and sponsor (messages and call logs)
- Sponsor’s birth certificate
- Sponsor's passport bio-data pages
- Sponsor's letter of invitation
- Sponsor’s bank statements for the last six (6) months
- Sponsor's Rheumatology Appointment confirmation
Tenancy Agreement for sponsor’s residence
- Emails with the venue coordinator for the wedding ceremony
- Email confirmation for the provisional booking for the wedding venue
- Applicant’s Certificate of Non Marriage as required by the register
- Receipts for wedding rings

Your documents all appear to be in order.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks so much for your help.

You are most welcome. I am happy I was able to help.