LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I’d like to know if I can live in the eu but work in the uk

Customer Question

I’d like to know if I can live in the eu but work in the uk post brexit? (I’m an EU National)
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: no documents filled, Portuguese national
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What I meant was I’m working remotely in Portugal and will continue in the future but for a UK company.. I have settled status and am worried that I’ll lose it for not being physically in the UK. What are my options? Can I ask the company to treat me as an offshore employee? What are the implications for them?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

Good evening, with settled status you are allowed to be outside the U.K. for up 2 years and not longer than this as you can lose your settled status.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I know and I will lose the right to work in the uk.. can I continue to work for my company as an offshore employee?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

If you work as an offshore employer a work permit would be required if you are planning to stay outside the U.K. exceeding the 2 years.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
A work permit for the UK? Or the country where you’re based?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

A work permit for the U.K. as it’s a U.K. company you are working for.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Take care