LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

Please my sister 56 years old live in Nigeria, I'm a british

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Please my sister 56 years old live in Nigeria, I'm a british and I wanted to bring her here on family visa due to her health problems
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I just need advice if she will need English test b4 we process the visa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: Nope
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing else
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
My sister is semi illiterate and she had cancer which treatment is limited in Nigeria, I'm will to bring her down here on family Visa but I'm worried she cannot handle the English test for the visa application
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

Good evening, in order for your sister to qualify as an adult dependent she would need to be provide evidence such as full for medical records that she will need to be cared due to her cancer. I will send further guidance to you.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

In regards ***** ***** English test she would need to get medical evidence in support of the exemption that she is unable to take the test due to medical factors.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thanks Lawyer AK, all I know is shes semi illiterate which means she can Express herself but she doesn't have enough knowledge to pass the exam
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

If it’s not regarding health then unfortunately she would need to sit the exam.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Shes had breast cancer and lead to lymphedema
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 16 days ago.

Then as mentioned then she would an exemption letter from gp for the exam.