Tamari SL
Tamari SL, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  LLB UK (Hons) with International Law, Foundation in the UK Law, OISC
105993163

Birmingham regarding immigration, yes, no not yet, I am

Customer Question

JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Birmingham regarding immigration
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am required by my employer to provide information regarding my naturalisation application and provide the original status documents- including my travel documents and my Residence permit to keep in file. So I am wondering if I can apply for a travel document or if I can have back my original documents and if I do, will that affect my naturalisation application? i had to hand to the home office the original travel document and residence permit and I am without nothing now
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have been waiting 2 years now since I applied for the naturalisation
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The only response that I have had was [As I am sure you are aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship. One of the requirements for naturalisation, set out in the nationality law, concerns good character. Character is not defined and a fairly broad view has to be taken when judging whether this requirement has been satisfied. ]
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
that was 2/6/2020
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

Good morning, I am an immigration lawyer in the UK and I will be assisting with your question today.

It is very weird and not common that you're waiting for a decision for naturalisation decisions for 2 years now. May I ask did you apply independently or a legal representative has helped you?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I applied independently
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

Are you still living at the same address that you used when applying for Naturalisation? I am asking as the decision may have come back but it could be misplaced?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
still at the same address nothing changed
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
They keep using the excuseAs I am sure you are aware, naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship. One of the requirements for naturalisation, set out in the nationality law, concerns good character. Character is not defined and a fairly broad view has to be taken when judging whether this requirement has been satisfied.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Good character !!! And I’ve been waiting since last year June and they haven’t completed my good character check
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for sharing the above response from the Home Office I have read it.

You must make inquire to the Home Office and see what is happening. Decisions are very rare to take more than 6 months, and even good character checks are not taking this long.

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

You may email them at the following email address by yourself *****@******.*** and see what they reply, or you may contact a legal adviser to write to the Home Office on your behalf, it will cost around £150-£200.

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand.

I would be more than happy to clarify anything else for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry you haven’t told me anything that I haven’t already done !
Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

You are welcome to ask me additional questions you have as I have stated above.

Expert:  Tamari SL replied 11 days ago.

With regards ***** ***** your documents back, it may create an issue with the decision.