LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I have some questions regarding a dependent visa. My fiancee

Customer Question

I have some questions regarding a dependent visa. My fiancee has a work visa and I would like to join him to live in the UK.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We haven't taken any steps yet. I'm Brazilian, living in Brazil at the moment but I was in the UK with him on a tourist visa for 3 months while he was in the Air Force. He's American and currently back in the US getting the work visa.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: noT YET
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all, thank you.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

The first steps to getting a dependent visa would be after your married then you can apply for skilled worker visa to join him.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry but that wasn’t my question. I only want to apply for a dependent visa, not a skilled worker one. My question is if that would possible (to apply for the dependent visa) if we are only engaged and not married yet.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

You would need to married I was explaining white once married you be eligible for dependent visa.