How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1183
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I have some questions regarding a dependent visa. My fiancee

Customer Question

I have some questions regarding a dependent visa. My fiancee has a work visa and I would like to join him to live in the UK.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We haven't taken any steps yet. I'm Brazilian, living in Brazil at the moment but I was in the UK with him on a tourist visa for 3 months while he was in the Air Force. He's American and currently back in the US getting the work visa.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: noT YET
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all, thank you.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

The first steps to getting a dependent visa would be after your married then you can apply for skilled worker visa to join him.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry but that wasn’t my question. I only want to apply for a dependent visa, not a skilled worker one. My question is if that would possible (to apply for the dependent visa) if we are only engaged and not married yet.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

You would need to married I was explaining white once married you be eligible for dependent visa.