How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1176
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I have got a Resit as an international student and my visa

Customer Question

I have got a Resit as an international student and my visa is running out in 7 days time. I have been asking my school for my CAS, for some reasons
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I was told by the visa compliance team in my school to get a letter of support from my supervisor or module leader to tell them why I must write my dissertation in the UK. But my supervisor didn't give me straight answer, he said I should liaise with the module leader.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Nigerian, but my extended family lives here
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I haven't told any lawyer
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon, you would need to get your school to issue you with a CAS to extend your student visa for your resits. If you do not apply before expiry of visa you will become overstayer in U.K.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It's like they don't want to give me the CAS
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 9 days ago.

From the information you have given U.K. sure it’s just protocol of who you need to liaise with for the cas.