LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I have got a Resit as an international student and my visa

Customer Question

I have got a Resit as an international student and my visa is running out in 7 days time. I have been asking my school for my CAS, for some reasons
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I was told by the visa compliance team in my school to get a letter of support from my supervisor or module leader to tell them why I must write my dissertation in the UK. But my supervisor didn't give me straight answer, he said I should liaise with the module leader.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Nigerian, but my extended family lives here
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I haven't told any lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon, you would need to get your school to issue you with a CAS to extend your student visa for your resits. If you do not apply before expiry of visa you will become overstayer in U.K.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It's like they don't want to give me the CAS
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 9 days ago.

From the information you have given U.K. sure it’s just protocol of who you need to liaise with for the cas.