LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

If we have a double proxy marriage in Nigeria, will the

Customer Question

If we have a double proxy marriage in Nigeria, will the United Kingdom accept this marriage certificate as valid and will we be able to use it to apply for a spouse visa from Brazil, because my fiance has a dual citizenship (Nigerian and Brazilian)?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: No steps. No paperwork with the UK government yet. I live in UK. I am Bulgarian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

Good afternoon, usually if you are physically present at your marriage then it would be better to apply for the spouse visa then proxy as the home office generally do not believe in the proxy marriage as genuine.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is that means that UK government don't accept proxy marriage at all or they will accept but we'll have to provide enough proof that our mortgage is real
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Marriage *
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

You would have to provide sufficient proof you have a genuine and subsisting relationship as you were not both present at the marriage.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I still don't understand are the UK government will gonna accept the proxy marriage. And what type of proof we have to provide.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

Communication such as what’s apps record, visits to meet each other, call records and if you receive money from partner proof of this

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
At the only we live together in U. K but my partner is here with 6month tourist visitor visa and we want to do a double proxy marriage in Nigeria and apply for spouce visa from Brazil can that work for us we will provide proof of our relationship to the immigration when applying for the spouce visa
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I mean at the moment
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

As mentioned above it will be the home office discretion to allow the spouse visa in regards ***** ***** genuine and subsisting relationship.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
is that means that they work with proxy marriage. Yes or no
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

From experience it’s not that don’t allow it just a lot of cases get refused with proxy marriage.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How we can see a good immigration lawyer on a reasonable price to take our case and leads us in all the process to apply for fiance visa and to get married in UK step by step
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

I will send you a link with lawyers registered by the law society to make enquiries to take on your case.