LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I have an Irish son who moved to the u.k 2 years ago and he

I have an Irish son who moved to the u.k 2 years ago and he is presently in school. he turned 18 on the 3rd of February 2021, this month.
I arrived uk on a visitor visa on the 10 of December 2020. I have been here with him. He is facing some personal challenges and needs me to be with him so I can give him all the support he needs.
Can I make an application through the EU settlement scheme? If I am qualified what documents would they require from me?If not, which other route can I take to me an application from the uk to reside with my son. My nationality is Nigeria.

Good afternoon, to apply under the Eu settlement scheme you would need to show that you are dependent on your son. You can try making an application under family life and private life to be considered under exceptional circumstances if your son is facing challenges it is not guaranteed it will be accepted.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for responding. unfortunately my son depends on me. Is there any other route where I do not need to depend on my son?

A human rights application as I mentioned under exceptional circumstances if your son is facing challenges or a skilled work visa if you can get a company to sponsor you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you again for your quick response. What kind of challenges do they consider acceptable under exceptional circumstances?

If there are health factors involved then this can be considered.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** are health related but under the category of mental health.

Medical documents in support of this factor alongside psychiatric report should be submitted when making an application.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you. I will come back to you.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Take care