How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1191
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I am student Tier 4 visa and have Ukrainian passport, I

This answer was rated:

I am student Tier 4 visa and have Ukrainian passport, I would like to get UK passport, how long is it and how is it possible if I will have a work?

Good afternoon, once you have been in the U.K. on under the 10 year route after a year you can apply for British citizenship then your British passport.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is the time that I am studying 3 years in the University calculating in 10 year period time?

Yes the 3 years on student visa would be considered in the 10 year period.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok, so basically, I can study my master degree 1 more year, so its gone be 4 and a half year of study (with my foundation) and than I can go for a work for 5 and a half years and after I can apply for UK passport? Is it right?
Thank you

That is correct after student visa if you obtain a work visa this will get you to 10 years then once have permanent residence you can apply for British passport.

LawyerAk and 3 other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok, than you!
And during period of work can I change the place I work or should I stay in one working place?

If you are in employment you can change employers if they are willing to take you on.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you!

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Take care