LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I aplied for a skilled visa extension from inside the uk,

Hi there, I aplied for a skilled visa extension from inside the uk, and realised I made some mistakes on the form. I paid the fee and submitted it but havent attended the biometrics appointment yet. How do I cancel the application and can I start a new one with the correct details in the meantime?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have filled out the paerwork, paid the fees, submitted it but not attended the apointment for biometrics yet. I live in the uk, but my citizenship is australian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My current tier 2 visa expired 19/3. Also need to know how much time I have.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good evening, you can cancel with application but please note that your money will not be refunded straight away therefore when making a new application you would need to make payment of fees again. You can attach a cover letter if errors then scan and upload with other supporting documents and take to biometrics centre when you have an appointment.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok, thank you. Would a new application look better? I dont mind waiting for the refund and paying for the new application in the meantime. Is it possible to make a new application before the first one is cancelled?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outreach/Return_of_Documents.ofml

You can make the new application then immediately cancel the previous application. It’s a personal decision if there are significant you may want to submit another one.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is this the page for cancellation of an application?

Yes that’s the correct form.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
When I go to make a new application, it asks if I have a previous application with the home office. Do I say yes given that it has incorrect information? Will this penalise my application? Or will the last one be null and void once the new one is made?

You can yes you do have a pending application and error was made. You will not be penalised but make new one then cancel immediately.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Take care

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry one more question. If my visa expires on the 19/3, do I just have to make the application before then or do the biometrics and have the application approved by this date? When I made my previous application there were no biometric appointments (due to covid) available, so I called HMRC and they said that the application just needs to be made before the previous visa expires and the biometic appoinment just has to be done when available and the home office is lenient due to circumstances. Is this true?

If your visa expires 19/3 application must be submitted by this date. Then you can submit biometrics after submission the home office will give you a date to submit by.