How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2799
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

Can I ask you my question would you be able to answer it for

This answer was rated:

Hello can I ask you my question would you be able to answer it for me?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I’m in the uk and I’m British citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: at the moment no I’m looking for it due to the cOVID-19 it’s a bit difficult to see the lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just right advise for my case before I start to look for the lawyer is it possible or not

Hi, Welcome to JA

I am a UK Lawyer and will be happy to assist you today

Kindly go ahead with your question (s)

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello JA,
It’s about my friend she’s applied for her Spouse to join them her in the uk, and his got visa and came to uk last month on the 18th January since he came they are always arguing front of their child the child stress all time about the parents.
She Felt the he only use her to get to the uk not because of us as a family.
She wants to cancel his visa or how can she deport him from the uk before he gets settlement permanently in the uk after 2years.

If the marriage or relationship is no longer subsisting and the couple are not able to reconcile their relationship, she can notify the Home Office so the Spouse visa can be revoked/cancelled by the Home Office.

How to tell the Home Office

Send an email to the Home Office to tell them that the relationship has ended.

The email must include both you and your ex-partner’s:

  • name
  • date of birth
  • address
  • passport number
  • Home Office reference number (you’ll find it on letters sent from the Home Office)

If you or your ex-partner have children in the UK, you must also include:

  • their names and dates of birth
  • names of their parents or guardians, and who they live with
  • how much time they spend with you or your ex-partner
  • how much child maintenance or financial help you give each other
  • details of any family court cases you’re involved in

Forms you must attach to your email

Print and sign one of these forms:

  • public statement if you don’t want the Home Office to tell your ex-partner any details from your email
  • consent form if you’re happy for the Home Office to tell your ex-partner details from your email

Attach a scan of the signed form to your email.

Both forms give the Home Office permission to contact your ex-partner at the address you give.

Where to send your email


Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you it really helps

Most Welcome and Thank you for using JA today

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No thank you at the moment but if I need I will be in touch


Lawyer21 and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you