LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I have a question regarding applying ILR. I have lived in UK

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question regarding applying ILR.
I have lived in UK with a student visa for 1 year and then I claimed asylum and recieved an ARC card. It has been 7 months that I am waiting for my main interview. It has been stated that you have to lived in UK for five years to be eligible to apply for ILR, my question is how does these they count?
From the day I arrived to UK or from the day I will obtain my refugee status?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
These days*
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

Good morning, the day you obtain your refugee status then your 5 year route for ILR would start.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!