How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2481
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I would like to settle in the UK. I worked there in 2016 for

Customer Question

Hi - I would like to settle in the UK. I worked there in 2016 for only 3 months and I have a National Insurance Number. Is it worthy to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I haven't taken any step yet, either filed any paperwork with the UK government. I live in France and I have the French citizenship.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

Hi there,

EU settlement scheme has now closed. Only EU nationals who were in the UK by 31st December 2020, can apply under the EU settlement scheme by June end 2021.

Unfortunately, evidence of your short stay in 2016 can not be used for applying for EU settlement scheme.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do I have other options I can explore?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

You can travel to the UK for short stays of up to a period of 6 months.

For longer stays or settlement you need to get visa under the UK immigration Laws.

You can get skilled worker visa if you can get a job from a licensed sponsored employer in the UK.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is it easy to find a job that can offer skilled worker visa?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

Not easy but not impossible, however it would depend on your skills and if those skills are in shortage occupation list.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
What about the student visa?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am a skilled employee, i already got sponsored to work in the US
Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

You can get student visa as well.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can I work while having the student visa?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

Only part-time.