How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1512
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I have a question please if you can help. I'm going to

Customer Question

Hello i have a question please if you can help. I'm going to extend my family visa for 2.5 years. Unfortunately my passport has expired and i can not renew it for 1 year due to I'm subject to military service in my home country. Does Home office accepts any another sort of ID like my home country national ID or how the home office will deal with my case with my current circumstances. I will appreciate your help.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Live in uk. I'm Egyptian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the family visa?
Customer: Still not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that's all thanks
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

Good afternoon, unfortunately a passport would be required for visa renewal.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

Have you ever been stateless?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 12 days ago.

Then a passport will be required for visa extension.