How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2477
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

I need some information on how my daughter Ashley can apply

Customer Question

Good afternoon,I need some information on how my daughter Ashley Mason can apply for her 2 young children for citizenship to the united kingdom. Ashly has full British citizenship .Ashley also has dual citizenship -USA and British. My daughter has 2 young children (both born in USA). A boy who is 21 months old and a daughter who is 13 weeks old. Unfortunately my daughter has been a subject of domestic violence. My daughter will soon have full custody of her 2 children. My daughter Ashley had to leave her partner in Merced California 4 weeks ago due to his violence. Ashley is now living with her Half-sister in Hemet California. Can Ashley Apply for British passports for her 2 young children so she can come home for a visit – or will she need to apply for citizenship first. Also my daughter can only stay for a short period of time at her sister house. She could become homeless soon with 2 very young children. Please can you advise me of what the best solution to take under these circumstances.Look forward to hearing from you shortly.Kindest regardsCaroline Mason
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: My daughter is British and both her young children was born in the USA.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: My daughter is a victim of domestic violence. She wants to come home with her 2 very young children
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Meanwhile, please ignore any phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the above.

Your daughter can  register her kids as a British national. Registering is a way of applying for British citizenship.  Her kids needs to be registered as  British citizenship before they can get a UK passport..

For registering her kids as British , your daughter need to fill form MN1.

Please click below for the relevant form-

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

In the meantime, thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
You are a star many thanks for your help caroline
Expert:  Vineet S replied 12 days ago.

You are welcome Caroline. Have a nice day & stay safe.