How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5210
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

I have recently got a pre settled status in UK. I have

Customer Question

Good evening Madam, I have recently got a pre settled status in UK. I have Portuguese passport and want to call my family from India to live , I wanted to know that if there would be any change in laws after 30th June 2021. ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: My Name is***** thanks
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven't start the process yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: If it'll be same , or will be more complex after 30th June
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What documents require to apply family permit for spouse and two children ?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

Good evening, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question not for you. Yes the grace period ends at the end of June 2021. Do you have your settled status in the UK already? How old are your children please?

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

Ifyou are on the settled status scheme already they should be able to apply to join you after June. If you are not on the settled status scheme yet then no they will not be able to apply for a Family Permit after 30 June 2021.

As the family member who is EEA national and based in the UK you will need to show that:

1. you have been living in the UK by 31 December 2020

2. have been working, looking for work, studying or self-sufficient while living here

3. have a right of permanent residence in the UK - here being on the settled status scheme will suffice

The documents necessary for all your 3 family members to provide when they apply are:

1. valid passport

2. 2 passport size colour photographs

3. evidence of their relationship to you – for example a birth certificate, marriage certificate, c

4. your  valid passport or national identity card (or a certified copy if you cannot provide the original)

5. evidence that you as the EEA national have been resident in the UK by 31 December 2020. If you have been in the UK for more than 3 months, they must show that you have a permanent residence document or provide evidence that you are:

a)working - for example an employment contract, wage slips or a letter from an employer

b) self-employed - for example contracts, invoices or audited accounts with bank statements

c) studying - for example a letter from the school, college or university

d) financially independent (‘self-sufficient’) - for example bank statements

You must have full health insurance (comprehensive sickness insurance) if you are studying or self-sufficient. This is not necesary if you are working.

Any clarification please do not hesitate to send your follow up question. I am glad to help. All the best.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have Eu passport and have got pre settle status,,, if my family will be eligible after 30th June also?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

They will be able to apply under the settled status scheme yes to join you they will not be applying for the family permit that was there before the settled status scheme.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What requirements do I need to fulfil that my family could join me?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If settled scheme status is different from applying family permit ??
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I have already given you this information, please check your messages from yesterday at 11:09 pm.

There are two different permits one for people who are joining members who aready are on the settled status scheme and the other for those that haven't moved to the settled status scheme yet.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Though I have Eu citizenship and pre settled status in UK but my family have Indian passport, if they can apply for EU settlement status scheme from their??
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.


Customer: replied 12 days ago.
if they can apply after 30th June also?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

They should be able to yes.