LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

Im a family support worker and i have someone whose

Customer Question

Hi Im a family support worker and i have someone whose Indefinate leave has run out and her passport ran out in december 2020. she doesnt know what to do next.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: why do we need to go to family court?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: she needs her status in this country indefinate stay to continue she has a child who is british born
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

Good morning, how come she did not renew her ILR?

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

She can apply for replacement BRP for expired BRP it’s an online application. I will send further guidance.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/biometric-residence-permit-replacement-service

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
she didn't realise it was not indefinite, her lack of English meant that she thought indefinite meant indefinate
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

So her leave to remain has expired?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
her pasport
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

This would make her an overstayer therefore she needs to renew her passport then making an application for leave to remain on basis of British child.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
is she entitled to apply for British citizenship ie Naturalisation
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

How long has she been in the U.K. on leave to remain?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
from 2004
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

Has she has continuous visa throughout?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
it finished in 2019 in december
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

Unfortunately there would be a break in stay therefore would need to apply for leave to remain on the basis of her British child.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
what exactly does she need to apply for, it British Citizenship, or British passport? or what else?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
can you please send me the link for what she needs to apply for
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
hello?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

I will send the application it’s online FLR FP. She would need to have legal stay in the U.K. for 10 years to apply for  British citizenship.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-extend-your-stay-in-the-uk-form-flrfp

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 18 days ago.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Take care