LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I have 5 years visa dependent on my wife. Who is holder of

Customer Question

I have 5 years visa dependent on my wife. Who is holder of British national and I am holding Indian national. My five year visa I expiring tomorrow.My wife is not willing to sponsor me now so I want to do the application on my own then can I do it ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

Good morning, unfortunately your wife would need to sponsor you to continue on the dependent route otherwise you cannot apply on this basis.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

She would have to sign documentation on the application form.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What is the other alternative option for me to apply without her as I have been living in the U.K. lawfully for 7 years
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

A skilled work visa if you have an employer that is willing to sponsor this is an option to look at however application needs to be made before expiry of visa.