How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1519
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I am writing from Italy. I would like to apply for the Tier

Customer Question

Good afternoon,
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am writing from Italy. I would like to apply for the Tier 4 Student Visa. I found an interesting CertHE in the Open University (registered as a Licensed Sponsor) that provides 16-19 hours of study per week. Am I eligible to apply for a Tier 4 Visa? Could I work part-time?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am sorry if it took me a while, I was trying to be as specific as possible.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the student visa?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing that comes in my mind right now
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

Good afternoon, if you meet the requirements for that particular course and you are issued with a certificate of sponsorship then you can proceed to apply for certificate of studies then proceed to student visa application. On student visa can work up to 20 hours per week.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your quick response. Is the certificate of sponsorship the same as CAS? Is it something I have to ask for of is enough attending a licensed school?
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

To clarify typo it’s certificate of studies which is the CAS.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

You would have to apply at the school for course and also ask whether they will issue the CAS.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Well, thank you for your time and consideration. You have been a great help to me.
I will look forward to ask the school about the CAS.
Have a great day.
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 13 days ago.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Take care