How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 5179
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Sure, United kingdom, Change of name, I changed my name on

Customer Question

JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United kingdom
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Change of name
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I changed my name on my Nigerian passport, no visa on it. I am Nigerian. I have a Uk biometric resident permit and I have not changed my name on it yet. I am due to travel soon. Can I still travel safely with no stress at the airport
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.

Good afternoon, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 6 days ago.

You will have difficulty you should have written to the UKVI with evidence of your change of name, copy of the Deed Poll or Court Order and your current BRP requesting a new BRP with your changed name. I hope this answers your question. All the best.