UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My daughter was born in the UK in 2004 but we were removed

Customer Question

My daughter was born in the UK in 2004 but we were removed and taken back to when she was only 3 years. Now she is 16 and would want to come to the UK for her university studies, is it possible please?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: We have not taken any steps as we don’t know what to do. My daughter lives in Nigeria and she is Nigerian
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Concerning my daughter, not really..
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 11 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

What kind of study does she wish to do in the UK?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
She wishes to study computer science or petroleum engineering

Thank you. If she will be studying at a University in the UK, it may be better for her to wait until she is 18 years and then apply for a student visa.

At 18, she would be classed an adult and find it easier to obtain accommodation and so on, if she was to be in the UK on her own without a parent or guardian.

May I help further?

I am going offline now. I hope my response was useful

All the best