SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

I am planning to apply for a Student Visa and I need to

Customer Question

Greetings,
I am planning to apply for a Student Visa and I need to bring my wife with me.
Do I need to choose a postgraduate degree or I can choose an undergraduate degree?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  SS Legal Advisor replied 11 days ago.
I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.Only a postgraduate degree would be eligible for you to bring your spouse with you.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you for your quick response. I have a further question: I read that if the course is a government sponsored course it would allow to bring my spouse with me even if below degree level
Here's the link:
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/international/students/visas/dependants.aspxUnder "Can my family work in the UK?"
That is also correct.If government sponsored you'd be able to apply to have your spouse come.