How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1512
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

Is there a big difference for a company to raise a new visa

Customer Question

Is there a big difference for a company to raise a new visa for you vs transferring one? I’m on an ict now and offered a new job. They cannot transfer my current one
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live here in the U.K. ( American) . No paperwork filed as just got new job offer. Just curious if it’s a much longer or difficult process for the new company to apply for a new visavs transferring over one
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no t yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

Good morning, even when switching visas with the same employer from ICT to skilled worker the employer would still be required to issue new certificate of sponsorship before apply for skilled work visa.

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Expert:  LawyerAk replied 11 days ago.

The process usually takes up to 8 weeks if they already do not have a sponsor license.