Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer & SRA Accredited Immigration Adviser
31642296

I have been living in uk with dependent more than 12

Customer Question

I have been living in uk with dependent more than 12 months.Do i need to show maintenance funds to extend my student visa with my dependent?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 14 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to JA

I am a UK Lawyer and will be happy to assist you today.

If you are in the UK with leave as a Student or Tier 4 (General) Student, you may be able to extend your stay on the Student route. Your dependants may be eligible to extend at the same time.

You will need to have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed student sponsor and, subject to a few exceptions, be able to show that the studies you are looking to undertake are at a higher academic level than your current course.

If you have been in the UK with a valid visa for less than 12 months, you will also need to demonstrate that you have enough money to support yourself in the UK.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thankyou for your response.I have received my cas from university and wanna be clear about some queries.Do my dependent still need to show maintenance fund if he/she already been with me for more than a year?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
In uk?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 14 days ago.

If the funds are available you should show them

Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 14 days ago.

Please also see the latest Home Office Tier 4 guidance for dependants

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That mean,if fund are not available,is it okay?Do i need to worry about this just because i already made my visa application?
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 14 days ago.

https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Visas-and-Immigration/dependants

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thankyou.
Expert:  Lawyer21 replied 14 days ago.

Most Welcome and take care!