Immigration Warrior
Immigration Warrior, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Immigration Consultant/Supervisor at Chatham Chambers solicitors
106663647

Can you help with any question relation to British

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: can you help with any question relation to British Citizenship?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have made payment and uploaded my application but not submitted it as I need to book an appointment for biometrics first. It is fully booked until end of May. In the meantime I have found work in Jersey U.K for a few weeks. Due to covid and travel restriction, I may need to isolate if i were to travel back to London for that purpose for a day. This will be unpractical and costly. I am not sure whether or not I can have my biometrics done at a post office in Jersey instead?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: NO
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have made my payment to UKVAS to book the appointment as without this the application will not be acknowledge. However, calendar is not released until after payment. I had no idea there is such a delay and that calendar is only 2 weeks in advance. My job has allowed me to go back to London just for a day for the appointment but if it involves isolating I will loose my healthcare job as they cannot wait for me another 10 days
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 15 days ago.

Further to your question you will not be able to have your biometrics done in Jersey as it will need to be done at one if the visa application centre's in the UK rather than a post office.

I suggest you keep logging in as there are always cancellations and try checking different locations.

I would also suggest that you call UKVICAS on the number provided on the website and they will be able to assist you further.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It's not for a visa, I've been here 40 years
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
They are not anwering calls, and the number doesn't work, yes I tried this

Am I correct that you are applying for British Nationaly?

Kindly note that the number does work however you may be on hold for over an hour as we speak to them on a weekly basis sometimes.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I did mention an inquiry about a 1 day travel on business ground for that purpose, could you clarify if this is possible without having to isolate in London

Kindly note that any travel does require isolation except if you are exempt.

I will send you the current exemption criteria.

Kindly note that these are the only jobs that meet the exemption criteria.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have the current exemption criteria, and even as a healthcare worker i need to isolate. This is the number that never worked even at work: 0844(###) ###-####...I have sent them an email yesterday but would need to wait up to 10 days for an answer...Is it worth asking for a refund of my payment as it seems impossible to book with covid restrictions? and will I be able to submit and repay when restrictions are lifted? or what do you advise...Thanks

Can you please confirm if you are applying to naturalise as British?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am. It's very frustrating. They take payment but one cannot book, and then if you need to travel, it becomes even more problematic on arrival. How do I proceed? Should I cancel my application and submit at a later date but then how do I know when would that happen in this current climate. Please advise....many thanks
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have found an appointment end of May, but if I needed to isolate, my locum work will be cancelled there
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 14 days ago.

I would suggest that you do that however I will provide you an alternative number for UKVICAS as the appointments are updated daily.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
do you mean keep my application until i manage an appt or cancel it? Yes please if you can another No is good also

That is correct. I will send you the number on Monday as its written at work.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. I look forward to receive it...KR
Expert:  Immigration Warrior replied 12 days ago.

The number is *****(###) ###-####

Kind Regards