How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1522
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

I wanted some advice on tier 2 dependent visa application, I

This answer was rated:

hello i wanted some advice on tier 2 dependent visa application
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am from Mauritius and my partner lives in Uk and He is also Mauritian and is under a Tier 2 visa
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the tier 2 visa?
Customer: No but i have gone through the application by myself and have some queries
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am planning to visit my boyfriend in Uk in the coming month and from there we are planning to get our civil marriage in Cyprus. I will return to Uk as i will be there on visitor purpose for few remaining days.. i will get back to Mauritius then i will apply for my tier 2 dependent visa as his civil partner
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have gone through the tier 2 dependent Visa application form where they query you on your relationship .I have the intention to visit Uk for a period of 5 months and during that period we will try to get married in Cyprus.. after the civil marriage i intend to stay few two to three weeks in Uk then i will come back to Mauritius and do my dependent visa application as his civil partner.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
One question in the application ask if I have been living with my partner similar to marriage and it includes the period after civil marriage.. i am confused.. coz i am planning to visit him and do the civil marriage in Cyprus.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Because of Covid situation, we concluded that it will be easier to get married in Cyprus
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
but i am afraid if that decision can play against me in the application later
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
though our relationship is genuine and i am planning to visit and spend time with him.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I an ready to wait for a reply
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
i want to know if i go and visit my boyfriend and spend around five months in Uk as visitor then we plan to get married in Cyprus
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
then i get back to Mauritius to apply for tier 2 dependent visa.. by presenting my ceritificate of marriage.. will immigration officers will refuse my application for dependent later on the fact that i have visited Uk earlier on visitor visa
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have all proof to prove my realtionship being genuine exceot that i am not married yet and have not live with my prtner yet

Good morning, they asking have you lived with partner before and after marriage. The answer would be no as you have not lived together.

Immigration would not refuse on the basis of visiting partner as long as it’s a valid visa that’s fine.

LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1522
Experience: Expert in Immigration and family law
LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
living with your civil partner akin to marriage is when you have to share your bills or have joint accounts.. after going to cyprus i might need to get back to Uk then come back to Mauritius.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
that short period after civil marriage in cyrprus wont be living as i have entered Uk on visitor visa..