LawyerAk
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
109603637

I have settled status since September but have moved

I have settled status since September but have moved overseas (Somalia) to work for a UK NGO in February 2021. I have paid my PAYE taxes except for March, for which I was put on a Non-tax band. Can I still be eligible to gain British citizenship by naturalization in 2021, knowing that I will have been out of the country for more than 90 days during the last 12 months?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I have acquired the settled status. I currently live in Somalia and am a French citizne. I don't have any house or property or prime residency anywhere in the world.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Good morning, if you were put in a non tax band then you would not have to pay tax for that month.

In regards ***** ***** if you have been outside the U.K. more than 90 days in last 12 months then there is an exception however would need to provide evidence you had to work outside the U.K. from employer.

You also must not have exceeded 450 days in last 5 years.

How many days were you outside the U.K.?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I left the UK on the 1st February and will remain overseas for at least a year, except holidays in the UK. Outside of that I never left the UK in the last 5 years except short holidays abroad.

Then unfortunately in your circumstances you would not be able to apply until you return and stay in the U.K. there should not be break in 5 years.