How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawyerAk Your Own Question
LawyerAk, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 1528
Experience:  Expert in Immigration and family law
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
LawyerAk is online now

We are two French self-employed living in France, and we

This answer was rated:

Hi, we are two French self-employed living in France, and we want to move to the UK. We want to keep our jobs and our French clients while living in the UK. What do we have to do have a Visa?

Good morning, if planning to move to the U.K. and looking at self employment then you can look at the start visa up or innovator visa for this visa you would be required to invest £50,000 and get an endorsed body to accept new business idea.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your response, but we already are self-employed in France, and we would like to move and keep our jobs. I'm a writer and I will continue writing for my French publishers, and my husband is a graphic designer and he will continue to work for is French clients too.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I already looked at the start up visa and the innovator Visa but they don't match with our situation because we won't create anything in England.

On a skilled work visa in U.K. you could not continue self employment in France  unfortunately.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do you think it's impossible to live in the UK and work for our French clients?

If you are on the skilled worker visa. Was there another visa you were looking at?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
we were looking for a Visa that would allow us to work from England while being self-employed in France with our french clients. Skilled workers visa means that we have to find a job in the UK. It's not our idea.

The only visa would be ideally the innovator visa if you did want to continue business in both places. It might be worth looking at the skills work visa.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK, thanks. But with the innovator visa, I would have to create a business in the UK. And as a writer, I'm not an innovator...
Is there really any possibilities to live in the UK and work in France? ( I know someone who does the opposite : he lives in France and works for the UK).

There is a a sole representative of an overseas business but that requires you to have branch in U.K. In your circumstances the ones I have mentioned  unless you have partner.

LawyerAk and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you